Public Works Divisions
The Public Works office oversees the operation of four divisions:
- Solid Waste
- Streets & Floodwall
- Fleet Maintenance
This department is also responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the municipal buildings and the Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System.
Drainage & Engineering
The Public Works Department oversees drainage and engineering issues within the city limits.
Development plans are reviewed by this office to insure adequate drainage, roadway sight distance, traffic control, parking, etc. Permits are issued for drive approaches, street cuts, grading, and other types of work performed on city streets or in right-of-ways.
The Public Works Department is in charge of the Sidewalk Program. The City of Frankfort has taken over maintenance of the entire sidewalk in the public Right of Way.
The Public Works Department is inventorying the areas that require repair and is systematically performing the required maintenance as part of the Pavement Replacement / Repair Plan.
Any questions regarding sidewalks or to report hazardous sidewalks, contact the Public Works Department via phone at 502-352-2088.
- Ordinance: Erosion Control and Sediment Control Measures
- Ordinance: Illicit Discharge Controls
- Ordinance: Post-Construction Runoff
- Erosion Control and Sediment Control Measures Ordinance (PDF)
- Frankfort Recycling Center Location Map (PDF)
- Franklin County Water Source Map (PDF)
- Right-Of-Way Standard, 2020 Edition
- Snow Plow Route Map (PDF)
- Solid Waste Holiday Schedule 2022
- Land Disturbance Process (PDF)
- Type 2 Land Disturbance Permit Application (PDF)
- Type 1 Land Distubance Permit Application