Public Works Permits

Right of Way Permits

The Public Works Department issues permits for various activities within the right of way (ROW) including:

  • Temporary Parking
  • Dumpster & Storage Pods
  • Street cuts
  • Street closures
  • Sidewalk closures
  • Driveways

Please complete and submit this one page application to the Public Works Department for any work within the right of way.

For additional information regarding this process or associated fees, you may consult the Right of Way Ordinance as well as the most recent version of the Right of Way Standard.

ROW Permit Fees

Temporary Parking$25
One permit covers up to 2 spots for 2 weeks.
Dumpster/Storage Pod$25Permit good for 2 weeks. May also require lighted barricade rental.
Street Cut - Major$300
Street Cut - Minor$100
Street/Sidewalk Closure$25Permit good for up to 2 weeks.
Annual$1,500For utility companies.
Lighted Barricade Rental$150Refundable deposit.

Land Disturbance Permits

Certain land disturbance activities that may result in soil erosion require a permit issued by the Public Works Department. This includes, but is not limited to building demolition, clearing and grubbing, grading, excavating, transporting and filling land. 

The Land Disturbance Permit Process outlines the various steps involved in deciding whether or not a permit is required and the steps necessary to obtain a permit.

  1. Ray Richardson headshot

    Ray Richardson

    Engineer Technician

  2. Public Works

    Physical Address
    315 W Second Street
    Frankfort, KY 40601